Sunday, October 16, 2011

Because no one likes surprises

For everyday of the week, I will blog about a different thing. Here is a schedule of what you can expect, because no one likes surprises.
  • Sunday-Religious things
  • Monday-Adventure Sports
  • Tuesday-Music
  • Wednesday-Rant
  • Thursday-Jared
  • Friday-Funny
  • Saturday-Whatever I feel like, it's Saturday.
I don't want this schedule to be restrictive, but it might be anyway. That's life. Things aren't always what I want.

So, here is my Sunday Religious Post.

While thinking about how I could prepare for the second coming, I read a prophesy by Joseph Smith. Here it is.

"I have asked of the Lord concerning His coming; and while asking the Lord, He gave a sign and said, 'In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come; but there should be seed time and harvest during that year: but whenever you see the bow withdrawn, it shall be a token that there shall be famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant.'"

 Now, I do not believe every time we see a rainbow it means that we are safe for a year, or even for the rest of the year. We just have the promise that when "the bow is withdrawn...the coming of the messiah is not far distant"

I have invented, in my mind, a box. In the box there is a light. The light goes through a prism, and the prism spreads the light out and separates the colors from the light and shines those different colors on some sensors that could detect if there are colors or light or whatever. In the words of Jared, "if there's a legit rainbow or not." If the sensors detect no rainbow, an alarm would go off, thus telling me it's time to repent.
I will call it "the hurry and repent" box. Everyone will want one of these. Do you want to know why? Because no one likes surprises.
 

3 comments:

  1. People would be crazy not to like this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I know that a blog by Eric would be great.
    But I didn't know it would be this good!
    I'm glad we're friends.

    ReplyDelete